I coordinate, design and deliver face-to-face, blended and online level 9 (postgraduate) modules on programmes including the MSc in Applied eLearning, the MA in Higher Education and the Postgraduate Diploma in Third Level Learning and Teaching. These include:
- Instructional Design and eAuthoring (10 ECTs)
- Trends in eLearning Technologies (5 ECTs)
- Technology-Enhanced Learning, Teaching and Assessment (5 ECTs) (This is a fully online module and recipient of the iELA International eLearning Award for Excellence 2015.)
I also teach on a range of continuing professional development courses in education and I deliver workshops and consultancies on topics including:
- Technology-enhanced assessment and feedback
- Learning analytics
- Teaching in the online environment
- Open educational resources
- Copyright for elearning
- Social networking in education
- Blended learning
- Game-based learning and gamification
- Educational research methods
I am a member of the organising team of the annual Dublin eLearning Summer School, winner of the best case study awarded by the Academic Support Group of the Universities and Colleges Information Systems Association.
I also supervise Masters and Doctoral students undertaking educational research. Recent postgraduate theses supervised to completion include:
- Creating and evaluating an assessment and feedback app for third level educators.
- Adult learners’ perceptions of their involvement in redesigning a face-to-face module for online delivery.
- Evaluating students’ perceptions of their 21st century skills while participating in collaborative group work using “Scratch” programming projects.
- Using visualisers in Montessori maths education.
- Evaluating collaborative learning via playable social interactions in game-based exhibits (PhD in progress).