- 2017 Aurora Leadership Development Programme, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education.
- 2015 Supporting and Leading Educational Change: Professional Qualification from SEDA.
- 2011 Doctorate of Education (EdD), University of Sheffield, UK.
- 1999 MSc (Ed) Computer Based Learning (Distinction), Queen’s University, Belfast, UK.
- 1998 BA Hons English and Music, Queen’s University Belfast, UK. (I still have a keen interest in music and have attained Grade 8 (Distinction) in doublebass and piano, from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.)
- November 2014 – present: Independent Expert Evaluator on European-funded game-based learning projects, led by Cork Institute of Technology.
- April 2014 – July 2014: Independent Expert Evaluator for the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 research programme. (Advanced digital gaming and gamification technologies.)
- 2002 – present: eLearning Developer, Researcher and Lecturer with DIT’s Learning, Teaching and Technology Centre.
- 1999 Joined Intuition Publishing Ltd. where I worked as an Instructional/Interactive Designer and Training Lead.
- 1997-1999: Freelance Music Tutor.
- Member of the Steering Committee for the Irish Learning Technology Association
- Chair of the Third Irish Symposium on Game Based Learning 2013
- Member of Conference Executive Committee for
- AISHE (All Ireland Society for Higher Education)
- ILTA (Irish Learning Technology Association)
- ALT (Association of Learning Technologies)
- DiGRA (Digital Games Research Association)
- Academic reviewer/editor for
- Innovations in Education and Teaching International
- International Journal of Game-Based Learning
- International Journal of Social Research Methodology
- MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching
- Simulation & Gaming
- Qualitative Research Journal
- Electronic Journal of eLearning
- EdTech (annual conference of the Irish Learning Technology Association)
- Irish Symposium on Game Based Learning (annual event)
- European Conference on Game Based Learning (annual event)
- 2015 IELA International eLearning Award (eLearning Division) for #DITTELTA (an online course on Technology-Enhanced Learning, Teaching & Assessment).
- 2011 Association for Learning Technology (ALT): Learning Technologist of the Year Award (team category, second place.)
- 2011 Universities and Colleges Information Systems Association: Best case study for Dublin eLearning Summer School